OK. I've found a few spare minutes in my increasingly busy schedule. Here are some tidbits as we enter this weekend:
1) As you can see from the updated pic to the right, I have lost my beard, got a very close haircut and got some new specs for the peepers. The new me, if you will. Comments?
2) Mall shopping is for other people. I just exhausted myself getting all sorts of Linens N' Things (mostly things, in fact, all things) and Target items in preparation for my father's pending 75th birthday bash. It's going to be a gas, but I'm ready for the preparation to be over. Bring on the party.
3) Timbers tryouts are this weekend. It's at an undisclosed location and not open to the public. Check out The SoccerCityUSA board for speculation on where to go Saturday or Sunday morning if you're trying to crash it. I'll probably spend some of the morning wandering the University of Portland campus. I hear it's lovely this time of year. I'll probably blend in if I wear purple.
4) Speaking of Sunday morning, I've got an interview for the 107 Report with Gavin Wilkinson scheduled for 8am. That's actually an improvement on last season's scheduling, if you can believe it. I won't have tons of time with him but if there are any burning questions that you have, post them in the comments section and if they fit in I'll try to use them.
5) Timbers Army gathering at 7pm Saturday at the Horse Brass. This should be much fun. I'll be toting a bunch of CulturePulp prints for sale and giveaway.