Friday, February 15, 2008

C'Mon, Just One More

I had a personal training session yesterday.

Did you know there’s a little bit of your triceps that extends right down to your elbow? It probably attaches to a tendon there or something. Well, I never knew it existed before and it hurts like hell. Both of them. I forgot just how exhilaratingly excruciating a weight workout could be.

Now, I’ve never been a big weightlifter, but its downright embarrassing how weak I am for a bigger guy. I really struggled at some points during my workout. But Eric, my trainer, was supportive the entire way and really made it worth my while.

We set goals. Talked nutrition. He gave pep talks. I absorbed the talks. Nodded my head a lot. I answered what was a rhetorical question. (I hate it when I do that.) But I also got a good understanding of what I need to do and how I need to do it to get to my goals. We’ll see.

On another sore note. My mood from yesterday has not recovered. I really found myself feeling lost today. More so than I have in a long, long time. And it’s doubly frustrating as I had such a good weekend last weekend. But that good weekend also got my small brain overthinking a lot which can lead to doubt and then, without seeing him come in, Mr. Insecurity has plopped himself down on the couch and is making nachos out of my self-esteem.

Chip anyone?

But I do get a three-day weekend, which will include a visit to the Hillsdale Pub Saturday for their annual brewfest/brewer’s competition. It should be a good time. Lots of friends will be there. 20 beers including “Rose City ‘Til I Die P A” inspired by Timbers Army.

Maybe I’ll see you there?
B!

No comments: